Friday, August 14, 2009

Day Five

First week down! It’s always a nice feeling to me to make it through the first week. It makes me feel like the show is actually going to happen. I don’t know about you, but I always have that voice in the back of my head telling me I’m never going to really get this thing off the ground. After the first week, that voice quiets down a little.

More work on character relationships tonight. Worked the second ten pages. Some days, everything is funny. This was one of those days. I like a cast who can laugh together. I think one of the biggest curses you can encounter as an actor or director is taking yourself too seriously. If you can’t have fun with each other and the material, it will show in the final product. I don’t care how serious a show you are doing, you have to have fun. The audience can tell when you’re not.
That was the theme of tonight’s rehearsal. Fun. We started laughing at the beginning, and we didn’t stop much. Loose in rehearsal, loose in performance.

I’m going to cut tonight’s blog a little short. Becky’s (executive producer) mom is in town, and I want to spend some time with her before she leaves tomorrow. We have the weekend off, which means you won’t be hearing from me until Monday. Have a good weekend!

As always,

Thanks for reading my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment